Thank you for attending Cultural Futures!
This year's tour has come to a close, but we'd still welcome your input by filling out this survey. We will be creating a full report in October based on all we learned statewide (this is why surveys matter!) that we will share with the Legislature and our recommendations for the 2024 Legislative Session. To view the 2022 report click here.
Missed the tour but would like the information? Click here to download the powerpoint presentation we used!
About Cultural Futures:
During this time of rebuild, cultural organizations are in dire need of funding for financial recovery and to restart programming. You are invited to join your local partners for in-person Cultural Futures! At the Cultural Futures, we aim to provide you with news you can use. From funding sources to advocacy opportunities, Inspire Washington staff will share all the information you need to know right now.
Together we will work on messaging the importance of our cultural work at this crucial crossroads for our state and communities. We will use our combined voices to communicate these messages to our local and state representatives for the recovery, re-establishment, and growth of science, heritage, and the arts for all of our communities.
These meetings are free and open to the community. We've organized them by county, so you'll be able to connect with other cultural leaders in your area. However, regardless of where you live, pick the meeting that works best within your busy schedule.
On the agenda:
- We will break down the wins and successes of the Legislative session including HB 1575 (providing councilmanic authority for the cultural access program) and how you may start the process of implementing a program in your community.
- New Funding! Our sector received $2 million this year! We will tell you what you need to do to get ready to receive these funds.
- Grant opportunities - USDA, community projects, and much more!
- Listening. What do you need and what should we ask for? And, how do you get involved? It will take a broad coalition to secure future funding.
- More information about our coalition. Do you want to be more involved in policy development and advocacy or learn about membership? We'll plug you into future activities so that your community is represented.
Did you attend a Cultural Futures event? We'd love to hear from you, click to Fill out our survey!
2023 Tour Schedule (click the city to register)
|Eastern WA||Chewelah||Tuesday, May 2||6:00p - 7:30p||Chewelah Performing Arts and Cultural Center|
|Eastern WA||Spokane||Wednesday, May 3||5:00p - 6:30p||Spokane Central Library|
|Eastern WA||Pullman||Thursday, May 4||7:00p - 8:30p||Regional Theatre of the Palouse|
|North Central WA||Wenatchee||Tuesday, May 9||6:00p - 7:30p||Numerica Performing Arts Center|
|North Central WA||Winthrop||Thursday, May 11||7:00p - 8:30p||Winthrop Library|
|Northwest WA||Orcas Island||Tuesday, May 16||7:00p - 8:30p||Orcas Center|
|Northwest WA||San Juan Island||Wednesday, May 17||7:00p - 8:30p||San Juan Community Theatre|
|Northwest WA||Bellingham||Thursday, May 18||7:00p - 8:30p||Mount Baker Theatre|
|North Puget Sound||North King County||Monday, May 22||7:00p - 8:30p||Taproot Theatre, Seattle|
|North Puget Sound||South King County||Wednesday, May 24||4:00p - 5:30p||Museum of Flight|
|North Puget Sound||Snohomish County||Thursday, May 25||5:30p - 7:00p||Port of Everett|
|South Central WA||Yakima||Tuesday, June 6||7:00p - 8:30p||Yakima Valley Museum|
|South Central WA||Richland||Wednesday, June 7||6:30p - 8:00p||REACH Museum|
|South Central WA||Walla Walla||Thursday, June 8||5:00p - 6:30p||Gesa Power House Theatre|
|South Puget Sound||Tacoma||Monday, June 12||5:30p - 7:00p||Tacoma Little Theatre|
|Southwest WA||Vancouver||Tuesday, June 13||6:30p - 8:00p||Clark County Historical Museum|
|South Puget Sound||Olympia||Wednesday, June 14||7:00p - 8:30p||Olympia Family Theatre|
|North Puget Sound||East King County||Thursday, June 15||5:00p - 6:30p||Village Theatre's Hunt Family Theatre|
|North Puget Sound||Central King County||Friday, June 16||5:00p - 6:30p||Seattle Rep|
|Peninsula||Aberdeen||Tuesday, June 20||7:00p - 8:30p||Driftwood Players|
|Peninsula||Port Townsend||Wednesday, June 21||7:00p - 8:30p||Hosted by Centrum at Fort Worden Park|
|Peninsula||Port Angeles||Thursday, June 22||5:00p - 6:30p||Field Arts & Event Hall|
|Statewide||Virtual One||Wednesday, June 28||12:00p - 1:30p||Zoom|
|Statewide||Virtual Two||Wednesday, June 28||7:00p - 8:30p||Zoom|
|Statewide||Virtual Three||Friday, June 30||9:00a - 10:30a||Zoom|
CULTURAL FUTURES RESOURCES:
- Click to read and download our comprehensive Cultural Futures report from 2022.
- Download the Press Release
- Join our e-list to continue getting our updates, click here to register.