COVID Safety Support for Large Organizations
Inspire Washington and our partners state-wide worked so hard to advocate for cultural funding in the 2021 and 2022 legislative sessions. This grant program from ArtsWA and the Working Washington 5 Grant Program is the result of our hard work and advocacy from thousands of passionate cultural workers across our state.
COVID Safety Support for Large Organizations offers one-time grants to large arts, culture, heritage, or science* non-profit organizations in Washington State. Eligible applicants must have costs associated with COVID-19 testing and safety monitoring required by either state and local governments, union contracts, or both. All eligible applicants will have reported annual gross receipts of greater than $5,000,000 in calendar year 2019.
- This grant supports previously unfunded costs and current reimbursable costs for COVID-19 mitigation (for example: filtration systems, testing costs, PPE, staff to check vaccine cards, COVID-19 compliance officers, etc.).**
- Previously unfunded costs eligible to be covered by this grant will have been requested on previous grant applications but were declined OR only partially funded. Previous grant applications may have been submitted from March 30, 2020 to the present.
- Current reimbursable costs are those related to COVID-19 mitigation (including staffing) for the period between your last grant application up until the date of your submission of this grant application.
- Application open: November 8, 2022
- Application deadline: December 8, 2022, 5pm
- January 9 – January 13, 2023: Notifications sent
- January 23 – February 7, 2023: Funds dispersal
Community Accelerator Grant
ArtsFund is thrilled to announce a new grantmaking program, the Community Accelerator Grant, a historic investment in Washington’s arts and culture sector.
Info Session: ArtsFund will host an info session for all interested organizations on Friday, December 9 from 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. in the form of a webinar. Staff will provide detailed information on eligibility as well as a review of the application and application process. Application questions, as well as a recording of the info session, will be available on the ArtsFund website after the fact. Click here to register!
WHAT IS IT
Funded by the Paul G. Allen Family Foundation, the Community Accelerator Grant program will provide unrestricted grants for cultural nonprofit organizations across Washington state in amounts of $2,500 to $25,000.
Funding will provide essential capital to Washington’s cultural organizations, including fiscally sponsored and tribal organizations, whose primary mission is to produce or support arts and cultural activities.
Awards will be unrestricted, allowing recipient organizations to utilize funding in ways that they determine and prioritize for highest impact.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
This program is open to Washington State-based arts and cultural organizations, whose primary mission is to produce or support arts and cultural activities. Eligibility includes organizations with their own 501(c)(3) status, fiscally sponsored organizations, and tribal organizations.
WHEN WILL IT OPEN
The grant program will open to applicants in January 2023 with distribution expected in Q1 2023. Information sessions will be offered to qualified organizations to support their engagement; dates and details will be announced in the coming months.
For ongoing Covid support and resources, click here